Reflection

Research paper

This is the first time for me to write a Research Essay. As a writer, I read a lot of materials on the Internet and through the teacher’s explanation before Drafting this article. I learned how to write the MLA format, how to find reliable sources online, and many different ways to find sources. I also learned how to choose sources that fit the theme and how to match the source smoothly with the theme of the article. Finally, I know to add Work Cited at the end of the Research Essay. Since we have quoted from other articles, we need to respect the fruits of others’ labor. Work Cited needs to be listed in alphabetical order starting with the MLA format. When I look back on my articles, What I think I did differently is that I looked for many sources, but the four sources I used are all different. For example, I found two or three sources for the housing problem of how the gentrification of Harlem affected the local residents, but I chose the one that described it in the most detail. This enables me to find quotes to prove my theme and the author to better understand the meaning I want to convey.

Website

This is the first site that I created for myself. In the beginning, I was a little worried that I would not be able to do it well because I always thought that making a website was a very complicated and difficult thing. But after the introduction of the professor and watching the video, I became confident. I followed the video step by step to create my website. I enjoyed the process and it didn’t seem as difficult as I thought. When I finished my website, I was proud of myself. I’ve also learned that when you don’t try it yourself, don’t think it’s hard or impossible.